If you are a first-home buyer in NSW , you may be entitled to a concessional rate of stamp duty in NSW.
Unlike the First Home Owner Grant, the stamp duty discount applies to
- buying an existing home
- buying a new home and
- vacant land on which you intend to build a home.
This grant can be used in conjunction with other, state and federal first-home buyer schemes.
NSW First Home Buyer Stamp Duty Table - 01/07/2023 - current
NSW First Home Buyer Stamp Duty Table - 01/08/2021 - 30/06/2023
First Home Buyers Assistance calculator can be viewed here
- Contract must be dated after the start date of the scheme
- you must be an individual, not a company or trust
- you must be over 18
- you, and your spouse or partner, must never have owned or co-owned residential property in Australia
- you, and your spouse or partner, must never have received an exemption or concession under this scheme
- at least one of the first home buyers must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
Requirements for living in the property
For contracts that exchange on or after 1 July 2023
You or one of the other eligible first home buyers must:
- move into the home within 12 months after buying the property, and
- live there for at least 12 continuous months.
For contracts that exchanged on or after 1 July 2017 and before 1 July 2023
You or one of the other first-home buyers must
- move into the new home within 12 months after buying the property and
- live there for at least six continuous months.
Still confused? Why not book an appointment with us today to discuss your individual circumstances? What have you got to lose!?
A full list of current grants can be viewed here.