How can we assist you?
Find a Mortgage Broker in Sydney
Looking for someone to help you with your home loans in Sydney? Mortgage Choice Sydney has expert mortgage brokers located in Sydney. Being a part of the Sydney community means they understand the local area and are well placed to help you with your mortgage needs.
We are an award-winning mortgage broker and can offer you the choice of thousands of great home loan deals from over 25 lenders, with appointments at the time and place that suits you.
We enjoy helping our clients achieve their property aspirations and look forward to assisting you to achieve your property plans anywhere in Australia.
At Mortgage Broker Sydney, our home loan service is at no charge to our customers because the lenders pay us a commission after your home loan settles, so you get all of our expertise at no cost to you.
Our latest market update
Why Choose Mortgage Choice Sydney?
How are we different from our competitors?
- One on one relationship – when using Mortgage Broker Sydney, you typically deal with the same person throughout the whole process, meaning we are able to provide extremely personalized services.
- Loan product selection with your best interests at heart. Mortgage Broker Sydney has a legal obligation to ensure the loan products offered are in your best interests.
- Complimentary property reports for any properties you are interested to purchase.’
- Ongoing relationship – when you settle your loan with Mortgage Broker Sydney, our service doesn’t stop there! We are generally in contact with you once a year to make sure your product remains competitive and look at other ways of improving your wealth! We refer to this as our ongoing ‘Bank Manager’ service.
If you are a first home buyer, property investor or simply looking to refinance, Mortgage Broker Sydney can help you. We offer experienced advice for.
How can I find a good broker in my area of Sydney?
You want to work with a mortgage broker who is a licensed professional and will guide you through the process of finding the most suitable loan for you. There are a few steps you can take to ensure your broker is right for you:
- Are they accredited? Check that your broker is an Australian Credit Representative. They are also required to be a member of either the Mortgage and Finance Association of Australia (MFAA) or the Finance Brokers Association of Australia (FBAA).
- How many lenders do they have on their panel? Brokers can’t compare loans from all lenders (there are hundreds of options, so it would be impossible to represent them all). Check with your broker to see who they represent and how long they have been in the industry.
- What level of service do they offer? The broker should do the hard work for you. But the more you know about the mortgage industry, the easier it is to know when your broker is really doing their best to help you.
- Is the broker experienced? Chances are your broker has an online presence and previous customers who have left reviews of their experience. Read up on your broker’s experience and ask friends for referrals.
How does a Mortgage Broker work?
A mortgage broker can help you secure the financing you need to buy the property you want and provide advice on your existing mortgage. After assessing your financial situation, a broker will present you with a choice of suitable loans from their panel of lenders. Brokers are especially useful for borrowers in complex or unusual situations, who may find it difficult to get finance by approaching a bank directly. Mortgage Brokers are required to act in your best interests as part of new legislation, which avoids any conflict of interest.
How to compare Mortgage Brokers?
Here are some simple tips on how to ensure you are dealing with a good mortgage broker:
- Look at their Google Reviews – ensure the broker is well established and has an online presence.
- Are they accredited? – ensure the broker is accredited with at least 20 lenders and is a member of either the MFAA or FBAA
- Know how they get paid – ask your broker up front, how are they paid. It is important to know this. Brokers are generally paid an upfront commission on settlement, and a trail commission.
- Check their ownership structure – many aggregators are owned by large Australian Banks
- Make sure they explain options clearly – your mortgage broker needs to explain options clearly!
How does a Mortgage Broker get paid?
Instead of receiving payments from borrowers, mortgage brokers are paid commissions from lenders when they attract new business for a lender. They receive an upfront commission when you take out a loan and a trailing commission every year that you still owe money on your mortgage.
Keeping you up to date with the market
Should I Buy or Rent?
Fixed vs Variable Rate Loans
Steps in Purchasing Property
15 Dec 2022
My partner and I decided to buy our first property and we contacted Mortgage Choice Broker Sydney for help. From the A - Z, Ryan, Paul and their team have been amazing! Walking us through every step of the process, recommending a great solicitor, being proactive and having a great response time. We highly recommend them for your helping with your next big purchase.
4 Dec 2022
Honestly couldn't wait to review the team at Mortgage Choice Sydney. Without their help, we absolutely could not have bought our first investment property. From our first encounter with Paul, we felt completely comfortable and confident. The rest of our experience just kept getting better and even though behind the scenes they had heaps of challenges the process to us was seamless. Highly recommend this professional team. Thank you, Paul, Ryan and Catherine we appreciate what you did for us more than you know. Vicky and Charlie
22 Nov 2022
I had excellent service from Mortgage Choice. Ryan found a lender willing to help me at my age and everything came together.
13 Sep 2022
Paul and Ryan were able to go above and beyond when it came to helping us get our first home. Cannot recommend him highly enough.
14 Apr 2021
Ryan and Paul were amazing to deal with. They guided me through every stage, constantly managing my expectations and answering my questions. I would recommend them to all of my...
14 Jan 2021
Ryan is a phenomenal operator. He was incredibly hard-working and professional-not missing a single beat during our lengthy and complicated home loan application process.
An award-winning Mortgage Broker in Sydney
MPA 2021 Young Gun
- Runner Up!
Mortgage Broker Sydney was awarded second place in MPA’s 2021 Young Gun awards.
Newcomer State Finalist
Mortgage Broker Sydney was a state finalist in the MFAA NSW State Awards 2021
So with all the talk about Government assistance to help first home buyers, are you confused about what you can receive?
So you are thinking of purchasing your first home or upgrading. What are the steps?
Are you in the market for a property?
While buying a new home is an exciting experience, it can also prove very stressful, especially if you are competing for your dream home against a lot of other potential buyers.